* Students must be 15 years of age by the completion date of the classroom portion in order to receive a course completion certificate. If student is not 15 by the last class date a card will be mailed to their permanent address on their birthday or it can be picked up on their birthday at the United Driving School office. You may attend class if you are going to be 15 years old within 30 days of the completion of class.
* Student will need to bring an original copy of their Birth Certificate (issued by the state where
they were born) or a valid Passport. Returned with students same day as verified.
Note: originals only no photo copies can be accepted.
* Have your parents permission to enter program if under 18 years of age.
* After successfully completing 30 hours of classroom instruction students will receive
a course completion slip entitling them to take the Minnesota drivers knowledge
* Passing the knowledge (permit) test and vision test and paying the current state fee the
student will then be allowed to operate a motor vehicle with proper supervision.
* Studens may then contact the United Driving School office to schedule their behind the
wheel instructions by calling 507-454-6799.
* Students need to complete 50 hours logged supervised driving time (15 at night) prior to taking their
license exam. Hours with a driving school instructor do not count in this total. Please contact the United
Driving School 3 months prior to the desired behind the wheel completion date to schedule your behind
the wheel lessons. Spring and summer are very busy and this will help ensure being done in time.